Disney vacations are truly magical. Once you step foot onto Disney property, there is a feeling that you have been transported to a place that will allow you to leave reality behind, and create family adventures and memories – often referred to as the Disney Bubble. This is the primary reason Walt Disney World is the most visited family vacation destination, and why it earns the name “The Most Magical Place on Earth”.
But there is a downside. Every WDW vacation brings tears, disappointment, and longing. I’m referring to the emotions I feel immediately after I return home after my Disney vacation. My fellow Disney fans will relate. There are always tears when I see Mickey wave from his sign reading See Ya Real Soon, disappointment that I will have to return to my daily routine, and longing to return for my next visit.
Once I am settled back at home, I realize that there are specific elements of my Walt Disney World vacation that I miss.
1) Fantastic food that I don’t have to cook. We all love to taste unique delicacies and try new foods on vacation – foods I just don’t have the talent to create. But even scrambled eggs or a Caesar Salad taste better when a Disney chef makes hotcfarmersmarket.com/beating-the-orlando-summer-heat/ them.
2) Daily Mousekeeping. What a delight it is to leave your bed unmade when you head to the parks, and have a neatly tucked bed with the room cleaned and restocked when you return. No chores makes me happy. (While I’m on the subject of the incredible Mousekeeping staff, please remember to tip those who work so hard to tidy your room while you play.)
3) Disney Cast Members. I just love hearing, “Have a Magical day!” You will not find people who love their jobs more than Cast Members. They are carefully selected, intensively trained, and offer impeccable service. If you ever have questions or concerns, the Cast Members at the Guest Services locations in the parks and hotels are knowledgeable and there to assist.
4) Hidden Mickeys. They are everywhere at WDW – all types of classic Mickey silhouettes hidden in the parks, attractions, and resorts. They are skillfully placed in lighting, carpet patterns, wall paper, artwork … everywhere. There is even a book that can guide you through your scavenger hunt for these cleverly hidden gems. I’m a Disney nerd who even notices Hidden Mickeys even when I’m back home.
5) Getting a Dole Whip float anytime I want. Pineapple soft-serve drenched in Dole pineapple juice;. Oh, how I miss this delicious, refreshing treat when I’m home. Once only available in the Magic Kingdom at Aloha Isle, they are now also available at the Pineapple Lanai at the Polynesian Resort, and Tamu Tamu Refreshments at the Animal Kingdom. Other snack locations offer it seasonally.
6) Mickey Mouse shaped food items. Mickey waffles, Mickey pretzels, Mickey lollipops, Mickey crispy rice treats, Mickey black & white cookies, Mickey ice cream bars. Something always feels “off” when I come back home to boring square waffles, and pretzel-shaped pretzels. There are a couple of kitchen gadgets that can help ease the pain.